Cocoa & Caffeine ~ What could be better than the two most popular concoctions? How about a combination of both? I mean not literally but a sip of hot tea and cold, creamy chocolaty fudge? Sounds yum isn’t it? Who can resist it? I bet no one can; I can’t. Think about the party in your mouth when you bite into that layer of dark and white chocolate fudge. Can you imagine that? Wow. And that’s exactly what I made for my evening cup of tea and also an entry to Aparna’s My Diverse Kitchen who is this months guest host for Meeta’s Monthly Mingle High Tea Treats. By now you know I am a no baker or an elaborate cook; I like to make it simple, fast and efficient. At least with a toddler, this is what works best for me and my life. This recipe is also one of those fast and easy but rich, creamy, delicious, satisfying, indulged in chocolate, recipe courtesy Sandra Lee of Semi-Home Made Desserts.
Double Decker Fudge
Recipe: (Makes about 30 squares)
4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups white morsels
1. Line 8 inch square glass or metal pan with foil allowing some foil to hang over the sides. Combine 3&1/2 cups of semisweet morsels, 2 cups condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl and microwave for 1&1/2, stirring occasionally until smooth.
2. Pour half of it into the foiled pan and smooth with spatula. Immediately sprinkle 1/4 cup white morsels over this fudge mixture. Let stand for 30 seconds for morsels to melt slightly. Using a toothpick, swirl to create marbled design.
3. Combine 2&1/2 cups of white morsels and remaining condensed milk in another glass bowl and microwave for for 2 minutes stirring occasionally until smooth.
4. Pour half the fudge mixture over the semisweet chocolate fudge mixture, smooth top with spatula. Immediately sprinkle 1/4 cup semisweet morsels over this fudge mixture. Let stand for 30 seconds for morsels to melt slightly. Using a toothpick, swirl to create marbled design.
5. Pour remaining warm semisweet chocolate fudge mixture over white fudge, smooth with spatula and immediately sprinkle 1/4 cup white morsels over this fudge mixture, refrigerate for at least 3 hours before removing from foil and cutting into squares. If the remaining warm semisweet chocolate fudge mixture is thick, just microwave it for a few seconds to make it smooth. Enjoy it with hot tea.
Double Decker Fudge enjoyed with a cup of hot tea